BioSignia respects your right to the privacy of the personal information you provide us on your Website. To that end, unless you designate otherwise or we state otherwise in this policy or at the time information is collected, any personal information you provide to BioSignia will be known only to you, BioSignia, your healthcare providers , employer
(in de-identified, aggregate form only), and their agents. The following policy is intended to explain how your personal information will be treated. This policy may change from time to time, so please check back periodically.
- You may use some portions of the BioSignia Website without giving us information which identifies you, such as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address , and any other personal information. We refer to this type of information as "Personally Identifying Information".
- We collect Personally Identifying Information only if you voluntarily provide it on the Website. In order to use our products, certain Personally Identifying Information must be submitted (mandatory information is marked with a "*"). If you do not wish to provide some or all of the information requested on a screen, or if you have concerns about maintaining the confidentiality of any information, do not provide it.
- In the ordinary course of business, we do not and will not sell or provide our secure proprietary database of customers, or any of the information input by customers , to any outside parties. We may sell such information as part of a sale of any substantial part of BioSignia's business, or as part of a reorganization.
- When users are connected to our
server, their browsers establish a secure connection which
is protected by coding information with a 128-bit unique
key. This ensures that not only the information sent to the server is protected, but that all information the server sends back to the customer, such as reports, is also protected.
- When a user sends us personal health information, we receive such information via a secure server. The secure server software, "Secure Socket Layer," encrypts all information entered by our customers before this information is sent to us. The server is physically protected with a firewall. Also, the common gateway interface modules responsible for interfacing with the database are protected with logins and passwords, which means users have access only to their Personally Identifying Information.
- BioSignia's policy is that the Website may be used only by individuals over the age of 18, and we urge parents to not allow their children under the age of 18 to use the Website. We do not collect any information from children. However, if a parent learns that a child has submitted Personally Identifying Information to our Website, the parent should contact us and that information will be deleted.
- In making your decision whether to provide Personally Identifying Information , you should be aware of the general risks of transmitting information over the Internet . While BioSignia attempts to prevent unauthorized persons from accessing our files or tampering with our Website, we cannot guarantee that these efforts will always be successful.